The month of May is a time dedicated to raising awareness about Mental Health. This month we are sharing our favorite ways we take care of ourselves to improve mental health. We must take care of our minds just as much as we take care of our bodies!
- Remind yourself that you are enough - Practice telling yourself that you are doing the best you can! We often forget about who we are now and focus on the person we want to be. Although, visualizing a goal is helpful, it does not hurt to love your present self.
- Hydrate - In the warmer months, make sure you are drinking enough water! Here are some tips to remind yourself to hydrate: Keep a pitcher of water in your fridge and try to finish it by the end of the day. Purchase a cute water bottle and take it with you everywhere you go.
- Protect your Skin - An important self care summer practice is you skin care routine. Make sure you are protecting your beautiful body with SPF and moisturizer!
- Disconnect - It is important to take a day (or even more) away from social media. Being connected to your phone everyday is an easy way to cause anxiety and stress. Place your phone stored away in a purse or book bag and go on a nice hike!
- Practice Mindfulness - Try some meditation or even yoga. There are many free outlets to learn how to practice these skills on YouTube. Just making a list of things you are thankful for is a great way to practice being mindful.
For the month of May, IVY Swimwear and NAMI are challenging you to make small positive changes in your life that can benefit your mind and your body. IVY Swimwear wants to raise awareness and stop the stigma around mental health.
You may be surprised by how much positive impact one small change can have on your life.
To contact the NAMI HelpLine, please call 800-950-NAMI (6264), Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.–8 p.m., ET, or send an email to email@example.com.